Stork and Baby Package
Stork and package Costume Recipe:
- Stork hat (Instructions below)
- White blouse with flare sleeves
- Stork Sleeve cuffs (Instructions below)
- White pants
- Yellow loafers
- Camel Solly wrap
- Canvas packing tags/stickers templates (here)
Shop the look:
- White baseball hat
- Gardening shears or other heavy duty scissors
- White cotton fabric
- Hot glue gun
- Wooden dowel (1/4 inch diameter)
- Yellow cardstock
- Yellow fabric
- Strip of black fabric
- 2 large black shank buttons
- Needle and thread
- Use your marker to mark off a 2-inch section at the center of the bill of the hat. The lines should angle in slightly as they reach the edge of the bill. Use shears to cut along the lines and the seam where the bill meets the rest of the hat. You should be left with a narrow, slightly triangular section in the middle of the bill.
- Cut a bunch of white fabric feather shapes ranging from about 1 inch to 3 inches. Use the 3-inch feathers and hot glue the tips of the feathers around the back base of the hat (they should hang off of the edge of the hat). Continue to glue feathers on the hat, overlapping each new row over the last and working from back to front, using smaller feathers as you get to the front.
- Use the shears to cut your dowel to 8 inches. Hot glue the dowel to the top of the bill of the hat.
- Cut two yellow cardstock triangles; one with a 4.5-inch base and 8 inches long. The other should have a 3-inch base and also measure 8 inches long. Fold a vertical (hot dog) fold down the middle of the 4.5-inch base triangle. Score and fold in each long side of the 3-inch base triangle about .25 inches from each of the long edges. Use scissors to fringe these folded edges about every .25-inch.
- Hot glue the fringed triangle to the bottom of the bill and wooden dowel. Place the folded yellow triangle in place on top of the fringed triangle. Hot glue the fringed tabs onto the folded triangle (see photo).
- Cut narrow fabric strips and wrap them around the cardstock beak and glue them into place.
- Sew black buttons into place for eyes. Twist black fabric strip to make two little fabric ropes and shape and glue them into place around the buttons.
- Black cotton fabric
- Sewing machine
- Black thread
- Hot glue gun
- Make a really wide tube of black fabric and hem the top and bottom and run a seam up the side. The height of the tube should be the length from your elbow to your wrist.
- Cut long black feathers (about 7 inches) and hot glue the tips of 2-3 layers of them around the bottoms of the tubes. The first (bottom) layer of feathers should hang over the hem about 3 or 4 inches.
- Run some elastic through the hem at the top of the cuffs and gather them. Make sure the elastic is a length that will fit around your elbow securely but comfortably. Cut the elastic and tack in place with needle and thread.
Mailing Tags for to go on Solly Wrap
Use these templates to cut out vinyl adhesive and apply on canvas. Attach with safety pins
Whether you’re using a disposable wedge sponge or reusable beauty sponge, one of the ways that you can make white face paint look more “whitewashed” and less like a clown, is to make sure your sponge is WET! This way, you can gradually blend back to your skin color easier as well!
This post is sponsored by Solly Baby. Thanks for supporting the brands that we choose to work with!