Download the letter templates to make your own DIY Happy Birthday Banners!
DIY Happy Birthday Banners
- 12×12-inch cardstock in 3 colors, about 15-20 pages of each color depending on how long you want your garland to be
- Natural Twine
- Hot Glue gun
- Die-cut machine (This will make this project a breeze!) or scissors (this one is our favorite!)
- If you have a Cricut machine, use font “Cricut Sans” at size 450. Each letter should be 6.25 inches tall. We used the phrases: “Happy Birthday To You,” “Make A Wish,” and “Hooray” in all caps. Cut out all letters with Cricut.
- If you don’t have a Cricut Machine, you can use a similar font in Adobe Illustrator or Word and size them so they’re 6.25 inches tall for a similar look. Hand cut out all letter.
- Choose one color for each phrase or mix it up!
- Once you have all the letters cut out, spell out all your phrases to get everything in order
- On the backside of each letter, hot glue a continuous piece of twine along the top edge of the letter.
- Glue each letter quite close to each other for each word, and leave a bigger space in between words. Then repeat the phrase until you have the desired length you want.
- Leave excess twine on each end to allow for some wiggle room when hanging your garlands.
- Repeat for additional phrases.
- Hang up all the birthday phrases, varying the garlands so you can see all the phrases clearly.
Photography by Jane Merritt | Crafting by Rebecca Hansen