This time of year it’s a good idea to always have small gifts on hand. Tis’ the season for giving and that can often be overwhelming and pricey. Which is why these Printable Retro Ornaments are the perfect solution!
I’m in love with a decor with a bit more jazz to them, so we designed some paper ones that look adorable printed off and cut out! We embellished ours up with jingle bells, tassels, and wooden beads. You can even include a lip balm in the center for an extra gift! These printable retro ornaments look beautiful on the tree, adorable on a door handle, or even as a gift topper.
Let’s take a look at how to make them!
Printable Retro Ornaments
- Printable Retro Ornaments Templates
- Wood beads
- Acrylic Paints
- Embroidery Floss
- Bakers Twine
- Jingle Bells
- Lip balm
- Craft Knife
- Hole Punch
- Print off the ornament templates and cut them out using scissors and a craft knife for the center hole.
- Paint your wooden beads in similar shades to the ornaments. Let dry.
- Make tassels with embroidery floss. See our tutorial HERE.
- Punch holes at the bottom and top of the ornament and the center hole, so you have 4 punched holes.
- With bakers twine, weave your thread in and out of your punched holes, placing a jingle bell or lip balm in the center of the ornament.
- At the top and/or bottom of your printable, add beads and tassel.
DIY ornaments to decorate for the holidays
If you loved these printable retro ornaments, take a look at some of the other DIY ornaments we’ve created in the past! Whatever your style is, we’ve got a range of ornaments you can create. These DIY paper honeycomb ornaments are a Lars favorite, and you can create them in whatever colors you’d like! Hang them on your tree, in your windows, or any other place in your home that needs a bit of decoration! For a fun and festive DIY, these clothespin people ornaments are great for decorating your tree or giving out as gifts. These DIY ornaments in the shape of fruit will take you to a tropical place this winter! Plus, you can use those shapes to create an origami cornucopia. You’ll be set for any holiday!
You can find more printables and whimsical ornaments in the Lars Christmas shop.