This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Cricut. The opinions and text are all mine.
We loved creating the Valentine Advent a few months ago–the anticipating of the holiday is often times the most fun of the event itself, no?! This time, we created a version for your Mother in partnership with Cricut. The idea is to send this Mother’s Day advent card to your mom BEFORE May even starts. Each day starting May 1st she can open up a bloom that will reveal one thing that you love about her! Consider it an actionable version of Elizabeth Barrett Browning’s poem, “How do I love thee, let me count the ways”.
And to show how much we, and Cricut love thee, we’re giving away TWO Cricut Maker Bundles! One for you and one for your Mother! Head over to our Instagram to enter!
To make our Mother’s Day Advent card, we used Cricut’s print then cut feature, which allows you to do just that–you can print what you want, and then put it intoCricut to cut it out. It’s all in how you line it up! The card has 12 blooms that are cut and scored to reveal a sweet sentiment.
Follow these instructions to create your own Mother’s Day Advent Card:
Mother’s Day Advent Card
- File (find it here in Cricut’s Design Space or search #MB35601C in “images”)
- Colored paper 6×9”
- Cricut machine (We love our Maker!)
- Fine point blade
- Scoring wheel
- Cricut Machine
- Fine point blade
- Cricut Mats
- Cricut Tools, optional but super helpful!
- Glue stick or spray adhesive
- Print off your artwork on cardstock. You can either print from your home printer while you’re within Cricut OR we got ours printed at the local print shop.
- Cut out any white paper from the design and align it to the left edge of the Cricut mat. Follow the instructions on DesignSpace to make the cut. You’ll be using both the scoring wheel and the blade.
- Cut out a piece of paper to go under the design and write in 12 things you love about your mother. Seal in an envelope and send!
Don’t forget to enter our giveaway going on over on Instagram. You can win one of two Cricut Maker Bundles!
Can’t wait to see how your mother likes it!
This post was sponsored by Cricut. All opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that allow Lars to create unique and inspired content for you.