- Tree template
- Crepe paper (ours is mostly from Papermart, it’s our favorite and their color selection is endless! You can find them here! Some colors are from Carte Fini)
- Hot glue gun
- Wooden skewers
- 1 inch wood rounds
- 1/8″ drill bit
- Print out the template, it comes in three parts so you will need to cut out each piece and then tape it together.
- Trace your template onto as many colors of crepe paper as you would like.
- Cut out the traced pieces.
- Fringe the edge of each one of your crepe paper pieces, make sure you leave at least ¼” edge on them at the top.
- Once fringed stretch the piece to its fullest.
- Take a wooden skewer and leave anywhere from ½” to 1” at the bottom.
- Put a dab of glue on and start winding the piece around the skewer, you’ll want to make sure that some parts are layered twice to create some thickness in the tree.
- Wind fringe up toward the top placing glue periodically on the skewer as you place the fringe.
- As you get to the top you should be nearing the thin edge of the fringe.
- Once you have reached the height you would like your tree to be carefully use a pair of scissors to cut the wood skewer.
- To finish, dab a bit of hot glue and wrap the top off with the smallest fringe edge.
There are so many ways to use them: on the mantle, as a gift topper, or in a little vignette. We turned ours into a cake topper a couple of years ago!
We can’t wait to see your house decked out with colorful trees! Be sure to tag us with #Holidayswithlars