DIY Paper Shamrock plant
You can find the materials above
Find the shamrock template here
- Download the Shamrock Leaf PDF or SVG
- Prep your paper by following the white washing instructions (steps 2-5).
- Cut out the shamrock leaf file with craft cutting machine. This step can be done by hand with a pair of scissors if you don’t have a machine!
- Cut out enough pieces to create your shamrocks. We cut out somewhere around 120 pieces to create 30-40 three-leaf clovers and a few four-leaf clovers for luck!
- Once your pieces are cut out fold them in half to create a crease between the two arches.
- Mix acrylic paint with a few drops of water to create a thinner paint.
- Once thinned, gently paint the leaf from the stem up and out to thin points at the middle of the leaf. Repeat this action several times until you are pleased with the appearance of the leaves.
- Once all leaves are painted you will begin assembling them as clovers.
- Cut pieces of wire 3-5 inches long, we cut ours long and cut them to adjust height when we placed them into the plant.
- Once your wires are cut you will take a leaf and place it at the top of the wire, while holding the leaf in place you will take the floral tape and wrap down just far enough to secure that leaf.
- Cut the floral tape.
- Repeat step 10 two more times until you have three of the leaves attached.
- If you would like to make a four-leaf clover just add in an addition leaf and repeat step 10 again!
- Once you have your clovers made you can begin to place the clovers into floral foam until its full!
Thank you to Terrain for providing us the most magical scalloped pot, we can feel our luck increasing just being around it! Be sure to tag us with #Larsmakes so we can see how you’re catching luck this month! Stay tuned for even more ways to make this St. Patty’s Day the biggest hit yet!
Here are some more pots we love for this project!