We made our twisted candles in red and pink to add them to our Valentine’s day decorations. They would be perfect to display on the mantle, dining table, bookshelf, bathroom, anywhere, really! They would also be perfect to light on your Valentine’s day dinner at home. These candles are functional, beautiful, and customizable. No wonder we love them!
DIY Twisted Candles
Candles (we used red and pink)
Gallon ziploc bag
(based on 12 inch tall candles)
- Fill a bowl with warm enough water to cover candles
- Soak candles in warm water for 15-20 min, or until they are flexible
- Working with one candle at a time – transfer a candle to a ziplock bag
- Using your rolling pin, roll the center of the candle flat until it is a 1/2″ wide. Make sure to leave 2″ at the top of the candle that is unrolled, as well as 2″ from the bottom. Tip: If at any point the candle is becoming too firm to roll out, let it sit in the warm water longer and then start rolling again.
- Once you have flattened out the center of your candle, slowly twist it until you have created the look you want!
Embrace the trend and flaunt your modern flair!