I have to admit that my New Year’s celebrations tend to turn into duds. Maybe it’s exhaustion from Christmas? Who knows. We made this New Year’s star crown to combat any potential duddy celebrations. I’m pretty sure if you wear it, good things will happen to 2016. No promises, just almost positive 🙂
Materials: chip board (or cardboard would work too), silver spray paint, silver glass glitter (we used this stuff), glue, silver wire, glue gun, headband, silver ric rac, paint brush you don’t mind ruining with glue
- Cut out stars out of chipboard. We used a craft cutter to do ours. We did 6 (3 front and back) larger stars (2.5″) and 14 smaller ones (7 stars total front and back) (1.5″).
- With your paintbrush, glue the tops of the stars and sprinkle the glitter on top.
- Cut out two pieces of silver wire, one at 10″ and the other at 12″.
- Wrap ric rac around the headband and at the bottom of the wrapping insert and glue in the two pieces of wire.
- Keep on wrapping the ric rac around the headband and repeat to the other side of the headband so the two pieces of wire are staggered in height.
- Affix the stars to the wire starting with the middle stars and working out. Attach a star to the back as well.
Now! Where are you going to be for New Year’s?!