Halloween is fast approaching and there are few holidays I like more! Spooky and creepy may not seem like the name of the game here at Lars, but we love to go all out! What’s more fun than dressing up?! You’ve probably heard that I’m pregnant (yeah, that’s the bump under my dresses, folks), 24 weeks to be exact, so naturally, we have babies on the brain here! We’ve teamed up with Solly Baby this Halloween season to create 5 amazing costumes for moms and their little ones along with their daily giveaways on Instagram! Each costume has a component for the mom and then a way to dress up the Solly wrap in a coordinating costume for their baby. We are so thrilled with how they all turned out! And even if you don’t have a babe to tote around on Halloween, these costumes would still be amazing! I’m having a hard time choosing, but I think I’m going to go with the Russian doll costume myself! But who knows! They’re all so good!
Check out all the looks and start planning your costume! I’d love to know which one is your favorite?
Painter Costume Recipe:
- Pink Boiler Suit
- Yellow sneakers
- Gray Solly Wrap
- Paint palette and Paint swatches for baby (see below for tutorial)
Paint Swatch Materials
- Light canvas
- Acrylic paints
- Safety pins
- Cover your jumpsuit with a variety of paint splatters and brush strokes. Have fun with it!
- Cut out small “paint blob” shapes from the canvas and cover with acrylic paints to appear like real paint palette blobs.
- Pin paint blobs onto a gray Solly Wrap.
- Grab some brushes and a palette and you’re ready to hit the town!
Makeup Tips from professional Alyssa Hall:
The trick? Don’t think! Just place the product! Use actual paint brushes instead of makeup brushes to achieve brush strokes! I use Mehron brand cosmetic paint. But, you can use regular ol’ lipstick too! It just won’t be transfer proof!