Can we all agree that the best part about the Fourth of July is fireworks? I am always mesmerized by amazing firework shows–the colors, the lights, the sparkle! I could do without the loud noise but there are pros and cons to everything. However, this Paper Firework Cake Topper gives you an amazing display without the noise! Perfect for your Fourth of July Celebrations, the colorful fireworks are a stunning scene when arranged atop an all-black cake to resemble the night sky. Dramatic and playful! All you’ll need is colored paper and some skewers. We’ve provided templates you can use on your die cut machine or you can hand cut them too. What are you doing for the holiday? We want to know your plans!
Download the paper firework templates!
Paper Firework Cake Topper
- Bright or neon colored paper
- Silver spray paint, optional
- Wooden skewers
- Black spray paint
- Scissors or die-cut machine
- Hot glue gun
- Cut out the firework templates using scissors or your die-cut machine. We use our trusty Cricut Machine for everything!
- If desired, lightly spray paint the edges of the paper fireworks with the silver spray paint
- Spray paint your wooden skewers with black spray paint. Rotate once and spray again.
- Layer the larger fireworks to give them some dimension and glue together.
- Glue a black skewer onto the back of each firework. Vary the heights of your skewers.
- Arrange atop of a layer cake and enjoy the view!
Photography by Jane Merritt | Cake by Julia Bigelow