photography by Alpha Smoot
flowers by Sarah Winward
make up by Rubie Huber
hair by Aubrey Nelson
model and wardrobe by Kandyce Carroll of Ramblin Rose Cafe
additional wardrobe by Mary Lee
art directed by Brittany Jepsen
See how to get the make-up, hair, wardobe, flowers, below!
Vanitas make up by Rubie Huber
Vanitas hair by Aubrey Nelson
Products used for color: Kevin Murphy Color Bug in White, Bumble and Bumble white hair powder, Jks Touch up Spray Powder chrome
- Start by spraying a salt spray in the hair to create volume and texture. (These are some favorite products: Bumble Surf Spray and Sacha Juan Ocean Mist)
- Section the hair into large sections with one being on the bottom right of the head for braid.
- Take a boar bristle brush and back comb the large sections to create volume.
- Take back combed sections, and spray with white or silver powder to color.
- Take those same sections with the excepting of the one you will be braiding and use hairpins to secure them with lots of body. Starting with the ends of the hair and rolling up can create a really pretty messy curl with the texture that you can pin. (These are my favorite hair pins: Diane Hair Pins)
- Take the bottom section you left out for the braid and section it into three sections for a basic braid and secure with hair tie (these ones are my favorites!)
- Once you have the hair pinned and braided take your chalk or spray and make finishing touches to the color, pay close attention to the hairline to make it look as natural as possible.
- Spray with hairspray to secure and add florals!
Sarah inserted hellebores and clematis into Kandyce’s gorgeous mane.
Mary Lee provided a vintage beaded shawl and Kandyce Carroll used on of her existing black dresses to create the costume.