- The steps are the same for the balloon arch, but the form of the heart I used heavy duty cardboard.
- Cut the cardboard into 2 1/2″ wide strips and then at a variety of lengths to fit the curves of the heart.
- Start with the center of the heart and create an “L” by gluing two pieces together.
- Continue gluing pieces onto each other. Trade off gluing under and over. This will help it keep flat.
- Once the heart shape is formed, add on the first base of the balloons. The trick to the effect of the balloons is to make a variety of sizes in various colors. I added on the biggest balloons first with gaffers tape to the cardboard.
- Once the biggest balloons are covering the cardboard, start adding on the smaller balloons with your lo temp glue gun or glue dots.
- Continue until you can’t see the cardboard anymore and you are layering balloons on top of balloons.
- Once the heart is filled with balloons. Attach the string to the top two sides of the heart and hang it in your desired spot.
- Add in the flowers. You might need to secure it with wire to the cardboard.