To make the red flowers:
- Start by making the stamen (the middle of the flower) by cutting out a piece of yellow crepe paper about 3” wide and 2” tall. Stretch it out.
- Fold the paper in quarters and cut some fringe.
- Roll the crepe in your fingers so that it twists together.
- Take a piece of floral wire and glue it to the edge of the crepe paper. This will be come the stem of the flower.
- Now, make the petals from the template (9 petals) and leaves.
- Curve the petals with your thumbs so there’s some shape to them.
- Bend the petals at their base.
- Glue the petals evenly around the stamen.
- Follow the instructions from the blue bells to make the stem inserting the leaves as you go.
Click below to learn how to make the pink flowers!