- Scotch® Expressions Masking Tape, Magic Tape, Metallic Tape and Washi Tape in a variety of colors and patterns – this project used Scotch® Expressions Metallic Tape in Silver, Washi Tape in Diagonal Strip, Silver, Feather and Purple, and Magic Tape in Green
- fun paper colors
- cleaned and empty recycled canisters (the best ones are from nuts or oatmeal)
- Scotch™ Titanium Utility Knife
- cutting mat
- pen or pencil
- Scotch™ Precision Ultra Edge Titanium Scissors scissors
- Scotch® Quick-Dry Adhesive
- Cover your canister by measuring how tall it is, marking it with a pencil, and cutting the excess off with scissors or a craft knife.
- Glue the paper around the canister.
- Stick a piece of tape onto your cutting mat and cut strips of tape according to the type of design you want to make. Here, I made strips at about ½” wide.
- Apply your tape onto the canister in your preferred pattern. I chose to make a pattern that mimicked a city scraper.
- Make a few of them and arrange them in a few grouping on your desk. Insert your office supplies for a handy organizer!
The fun part is choosing the right color combinations. I find that solids on solids are always a stellar way to keep it crisp and clean, but there are a lot of patterns to try out too! Have fun!
You can purchase Scotch Expressions Tapes at Staples.
This post is sponsored by Scotch brand. Thank you for supporting the brands we love that keep Lars flourishing and providing unique content to you everyday!