Pumpkin Balloon Arch Backdrop
To make the pumpkin balloon arch photo booth, we used the same steps as the Valentine’s Day Balloon Heart. See below for this festive variation.
- The steps are the same for the balloon arch, but for the form of the pumpkin I used heavy duty cardboard. Choose your favorite pumpkin outline here
- Cut the cardboard into 2 1/2″ wide strips and then at a variety of lengths to fit the curves of the pumpkin.
- Start with the center of the pumpkin and create an “L” by gluing two pieces together.
- Continue gluing pieces onto each other. Trade off gluing under and over. This will help keep it flat.
- Once the pumpkin shape is formed, add on the first base of the balloons. The trick to the effect of the balloons is to make a variety of sizes in various shades. I added on the biggest balloons first with gaffers tape to the cardboard.
- Once the biggest balloons are covering the cardboard, start adding on the smaller balloons with your lo temp glue gun or glue dots.
- Continue until you can’t see the cardboard anymore and you are layering balloons on top of balloons.
- Once the heart is filled with balloons. Attach the string to the top two sides of the pumpkin and hang it in your desired spot.
See more Halloween ideas here!