Because we all love Jimmy Fallon, we all know of his brand new children’s book, Your Child’s First Word will be DADA, with cute illustrations by Miguel Ordóñez. This one is perfect for a parent/child duo in cow costumes of course, modeled after the cover of the adorable book, along with a DIY treat bag.
See the tutorials below!
To make the cow costumes:
Materials: black felt, white top and bottoms (for the kid), white jumpsuit for the adult, glue gun or black thread and needle, cardboard, acrylic paint in grey, black, pink, white, two white pieces of felt, cotton binding
- Cut irregular shaped circles in various sizes to act as spots on the cow.
- Attach to the garment by either sewing them on or hot gluing them on.
To Make the masks:
- Use this template to cut out the mask out of cardboard
- Paint the shapes in with acrylics
- Glue a stick to the back to act as a holding mask.
To make the treat bag:
- Cut out two pieces of white felt using this template
- Cut out the letters “M-O-O” out of black felt.
- Glue the letters to the bag.
- Glue the cotton binding to the inside of one of the pieces of felt and then to the other side.
- Glue the two pieces of white felt together leaving an opening at the top.