Happy St. Patrick’s Day! How are you celebrating? We consider this time of year Rainbow season (well, all year, but particularly now) so it’s the perfect time to share some of our favorite rainbow projects. These DIY Rainbow Earrings crafted from paper are perfect for just that! It’s when you need a quick solution without spending too much.
You might remember one of our previous This Girl posts where we showed you how to make your own paper earrings. If you made those, then you know how absolutely easy they are to make! All you need is cardstock, string, and jewelry hardware. We’ve provided the Cricut files too so you can easily cut out the few shapes that you will need. With these earrings, you can be sure to make a statement while keeping yourself from getting pinched!
- Cardstock in various shades of pink, yellow, and green
- silver earring posts and backs
- hot glue gun
- Cut out the templates in various shades of cardstock. You will need two of each size/color to make a single earring––four to make a pair of earrings.
- Lay out each of your semi-circles to create your rainbow pattern.
- Lay your string on top of the rainbow, running down the center.
- Place hot glue on top of all three of the cardstock semi-circles, with the string still on top, and place matching color and size cardstock semi-circles on top. Your rainbow should now hang freely on the string.
- Cut the string to the desired length that you would like your earrings to hang.
- Glue the top of the string to the earring post, and glue a small cardstock circle on top.
- Be sure to make two identical earrings for each set, you’ve got two ears!
If you make it, we’d love to see it! Take a picture and tag it with #LarsMakes!