So many of you have been making the paper chain hanging that we debuted two years ago and it’s been so fun to see you post about it. You’ve been making them for store displays, birthdays, showers, and just for fun. We thought we’d create more patterns for you so here’s our latest go. What I’m loving about them is that they are SO easy to make and super impactful in a space. It would be so lovely as a poster replacement.
Paper chain wall hanging tutorial
- Colored paper in orange, light pink, light blue blue, green, orange
- Paper cutter
- Hot glue gun
- Wooden dowel
* Note: It’s best to find paper in the same thickness and weight as the heavier they are, the more they will droop and it will affect the length of each strand.
- Slice the paper in pieces to 5.5×1.25″.
- Follow the guide to create strands by overlapping about 1/2″ of each paper piece and securing with glue. Loop the next color through and secure with glue. Continue until you’ve completed a strand, and begin the next one.
- Slide the strands onto a wooden dowel and hang on the wall!
Check out our other paper chain projects here!
If you make one, please tag us with #LarsMakes. Would love to see what you come up with!