You may remember the Paris Cake Topper that was illustrated by Jessie Kanelos and based off of her book “Paris in Stride: An Insider’s Walking Guide” which Jessie wrote (a woman of many talents!) with Jacob Lehman. Well, she’s done it again and this time she’s giving us the best of the best of all the New York must sees!
We love New York! It’s full of life, culture and FOOD but it can be overwhelming if you don’t know where to start. Which is where “New York in Stride: An Insider’s Walking Guide” comes in handy! And guess what? It comes out TODAY! It is the New Yorker best friend you might not have and maybe didn’t even know you needed! The book offers the best eats, to-dos, and experiences that New York has to offer. I am now more excited than ever for my next New York trip. In the mean time, I’ll have a slice of cake with a little pizza on top. A pizza-shaped cake topper that is!
New York Cake Topper and Confetti
We love all the components of this cake topper. It really is the essence of New York on a cake! You could also make cupcakes and top each one with a different New York scene.
- Print out the templates on heavy-duty white card stock.
- Cut out shapes using scissors.
- For the cake topper, place a bamboo skewer in the middle of the back side of each NY shape and adhere with hot glue.
- Stick each NY shape into the cake and artfully assemble.
- Decorate the table with some confetti and your cake and celebrate!