Sometimes all you need is just a touch of rainbow, you know what I mean? Not the whole entire outfit but a little nod. We’ve been wanting to try this out for some time and then were pleasantly surprised to see one of our favorite labels do it, State the Label. Great minds think alike, eh?! So, if you don’t want to add your own, there are a ton of cute options over there.
Every outfit deserves some color, and this rainbow button tutorial makes it easy!
- Pack of rainbow buttons
- a white or neutral blouse or dress
- thread in rainbow colors
- a sewing needle
- a seam ripper
- Find out how big your button holes are by measuring the space with a ruler. Identify buttons to fit that hole.
- Remove the shirt’s original buttons with a seam ripper.
- In ROYGBIV order (or however you like), replace the original buttons with rainbow buttons. If you don’t know how to sew on a button, here’s a tutorial we recommend.
- Trim all your threads, and enjoy!
Voilà! Rainbow makeover succeeded!
See more rainbow tutorials here.