Upgrading Your Frames
Frames are some of the most neutral pieces of home decor around. The default is almost always black, white, natural wood or metal of some kind. Well, as of late, we’ve been focusing on the need for color (see this post and this one). This easy DIY hack will upgrade your frames from sad to glad in an instant!
How to Paint Your Frames
Here’s all you need to do to upgrade your neutral frames with some glorious color:
- Remove the glass and backing so all you have is your frame.
- Now sand down all the edges. This is important in order to avoid chipping paint later on!
- After you’re done sanding, take a dry cloth and wipe away the dust.
- Now you can pencil in your design. You can also get straight to the painting and pencil in the details after you’ve done one coat of paint.
- Note: if your frame was a darker color to begin with, you should consider priming your frame first.
- Once you’re done with your design, let it dry completely, then put the glass/plexi back and add a photo. Done!
Now we want to hear from you: what do you do for you grandparents on their special day? Let us know in the comments!
Need more ideas for gifts for grandparents? Try these photo heirloom dolls (and check out our 2022 craft along, where we’ll be making photo heirloom ornaments every week and donating the proceeds to charity). Also, don’t forget to check out our shop for lots of great gift ideas!