Ready to get crafty from your own garden? This holiday leaf crown is the perfect autumn or winter alternative to summery floral crowns. It’s elegant, beautiful, and great for many different occasions!
Scroll down for the tutorial!
DIY holiday leaf crown
- Wire thin enough to shape to the head
- Wire cutters
- Greenery clipped from the garden
- Gold spray paint
- Straw floral tape
- Spray paint your leaves at least 24 hours before you intend on making the crown.
- Measure the wire around the model’s head and cut it with 3 extra inches.
- Form the wire into a circle and wrap the extra inches around to secure it.
- Break the leaves into 2 1/2″ segments.
- Take your first segment and floral tape it around the wire.
- Take the next segment of leaves and overlap it with the previous segment and floral tape it around the wire.
- Repeat until you get to the end. Overlap it with the beginning.