If you have loved ones who are far away this Valentine’s Day, send them a Valentine’s Day care package! Even if your loved ones live close, drop it off at their house or deliver it in person! This candy heart inspired gift box will bring joy to anyone near or far.
Read below for the full tutorial. And find more Valentine’s Day ideas linked below!
DIY Valentine’s Day care package
- paper mache heart box 12″ (see link for where I bought mine)
- acrylic paint (choose your own, but definitely get a white)
- goodies to fill the care package (conversation hearts are a must!)
- white paint pen
- Paint the outside of the box pink. Paint inside if you’re hardcore.
- Use a pencil and write in simple lettering your phrase.
- In a darker color, paint on the letters.
- Use white on the outside of the letters to create a relief.
I’m kind of stoked to take it to the post office and ship it on its way. There’s a chance it might be cheaper to send it with one of those flat rate boxes, but I’ll give it a go this way for ultimate impact. I’ll let you know. Paul’s brother is in for a treat.
Wanna see some more Valentine’s surprise ideas? Check out the links below!
DIY Valentine’s surprise
We love a good DIY Valentine’s surprise, which I’ve been calling “heart attacks.” Our very first heart attack was a package that you can send to any of your loved ones! The second heart attack lets you decorate someone’s door for a sweet surprise. Another version of this Valentine’s day care package is the heart attack we did last year.
For more grand Valentine’s day care package boxes, check out this competition we did. There are so many cool paper mache gift box ideas! Let your imagination run wild, and send some love to your friends and family!