I am convinced that there are few things better than cozying up with a good book on a cold winter day. Add some hot chocolate, a fuzzy blanket, and snow falling lightly outside and you might as well call it heaven. Hence why I created the Lars Book Club (Check out this months book here!). Not to mention, they make ideal gifts because you can customize it to anyone’s tastes. In case you are scrambling to find the perfect gift for a creative art-loving someone, we rounded up the best DIY and Art books of 2016 to help you out! They are all crazy beautiful and are sure to please the pickiest of recipients. Make sure to snag one for yourself while you’re at it!
BEST DESIGN & ART BOOKS:
- “On the Loom” by Maryanne MoodieI’m sure you’ve noticed weaving is having quite the moment lately. This book has such fun and new projects for weaving with modern design and lovely color palettes.
- “A Year Between Friends” by
- “Scandinavian Gatherings” by Melissa BahenWhether you have Scandinavian heritage or just an adoration for Nordic design, this book will show you how to celebrate every occasion inspired by Norwegion, Finnish, Danish, and Swedish tradtions.
- “Living With Pattern” by Rebecca AtwoodA great resource for aspiring interior designers with advice about how to live with and incorporate pattern into your home. If anyone knows pattern it’s Rebecca Atwood.
- “This Can be Beautiful” by Tiffany PrattThe book bursting of paint, glitter, and colors! There are tons of DIY’s for all levels that upgrade boring basics to one-of-a-kind pieces of art!
- “Celebrate Everything” by Darcy MillerThis book is CHALK FULL of ideas, resources, and inspiration for every occasion you can imagine. Organized by celebration, theme, and color, you will find something for all of your party planning needs.
8. “In Bloom” by Ngow Minh Ngo
Eye candy for the nature enthusiast in your life. Such a treasure trove of inspiration for flower lovers like ourselves, with paper, paintings, and prints that will leave you speechless. It explores artists who work with flowers in various media. I cannot recommend this one enough. It belongs on every flower lover’s bookshelf.
9. “John Derian Picture Book” by John Derian
John Derian’s store in New York has been a long time favorite of mine, so I was thrilled to find that he was publishing a book! The images you’ll find within are part of Derian’s collection that has grown over the past thirty years. It is an amazing compilation.