I had the opportunity to go to New York last month for work and lucky for me, I got to go back for round two this past weekend! New York is one of my favorite places in the world and I will never pass up an opportunity to explore the big apple. Baby J accompanied me on both trips, and though it slowed my usual pace, there’s nothing sweeter than seeing faces light up once a baby is around. It can melt even the crustiest of hearts (see my story below!). I felt so empowered to find that I could still visit my favorite places with a baby.
You may be thinking: “Brittany, how do you get around New York of all places with a BABY?” Well, thanks to Uber, we were able to navigate the city seamlessly. It can be done! And today I’m giving you a rundown of my favorite shops, restaurants, and sights of New York so you can start planning your own trip. And whether you have a baby, traveling solo, or a whole gang of girls, Uber’s new On-Time Pickups Guarantee is sure to make your trip stress-free.
While traveling with Jasper, I quickly realized I needed to account for some extra time in order to get us both ready for the day. The new Uber On-Time Pickups Guarantee was a lifesaver! The night before, I reserved an Uber to pick me up at a certain time and place to ensure I get to where I’m going on time. While I’m in New York, my schedule is always packed with meetings throughout the day, so it’s nice to plan ahead and take the guesswork and stress out of transportation. Thanks to this new feature, my days are so much more organized and I’m still able to sneak in a few shopping (and nursing) breaks in between it all!
Lars Favorite things to do and See in New York City
- ABC Carpet and Home — It’s a no-brainer. If I had all the monies…
- John Derian — Make sure to visit all three shops on the same street. It’s my version of heaven. There’s a new shop located in the West Village too.
- Marimekko — Ok, ok, not native to NYC at all, but I always go in because it’s the closest I’ve been to Scandinavia in a few years and I always love seeing their new patterns and colors.
- Purl Soho — I’m such a fan of their craft shop.
- Apiece Apart — This is a new favorite shop of mine. They make beautiful dresses.
- Color Factory NY — What first began in San Francisco has made its way to NYC. This insta-art museum is perfect for capturing beautiful photos AND having a ball–literally. We got a behind the scenes tour this past weekend and it’s somehow even better than last time.
- MET Museum (The Heavenly Bodies exhibition!) — Yes, it’s a NY staple, but it just doesn’t get better than the MET Every. Single. Time!
- Cooper Hewitt Museum — There’s a great exhibition on color right now including a fun Color Walk.
- Beekman Hotel — This hotel was recently renovated and it’s magnificent. You can eat in Augustine’s or try the bar. Beautiful and inspiring.
- Central Park conservatory gardens — which one is your favorite? English, French, or Italian?
- The Spotted Pig — a modern-day classic. Two words: the burger.
- Shuka — a new favorite introduced to me by my favorite old co-worker. Try it all! And make sure to get the fries.
- Magnolia Bakery — you know the drill: banana creme pudding
- Levain Bakery — The original delicious cookies full of ooey goodness
- Augustine’s Feels authentically Parisian and is delicious too! It’s connected to the Beekman Hotel so you can pop in afterwards to take a tour
- Eataly–even if just to take a little visual tour–so delightful!
- Maison Kayser because I will never turn down a baked good and these are delicious
This was a fun moment. I ran into Erin Jang and Leah Rosenberg, two of the artists of Color Factory, and then a woman passed commenting about Baby Jasper. I love when strangers stop us on the street–it reminds me that humanity can be so sweet.
(Color Factory photos by Christine Han for Cup of Jo)
What would you add to this list? I’d love to hear your suggestions!
This post is sponsored by Uber. Thank you to the brands who allow us to create unique and original content for you.
I’m a sucker for New York guides. Loved this!