It’s official! Winter 2020 internship season is upon us and applications are open! We LOVE our interns at The House That Lars Built, one might say they make our world go round. We offer a variety of positions focusing on craft, graphic design, social media, business, and writing. If you’re looking to fulfill school credits, even better! We work to provide an educational space that allows you real life application of your skill all while ticking off credits. If you like what we do at Lars and would like to join the team or know someone who would fit the bill, please don’t hesitate. We’ve heard it’s a pretty fun gig 😉
Read more about applying below:
- Graphic Design — We are looking for a creative and innovative graphic design intern with up-to-date knowledge of trends to interpret our clients’ needs and to design solutions with high visual impact. You will work on a variety of products, including websites, books, magazines, product packaging, websites, exhibitions, craft projects, corporate identity etc.
- Crafting — We are looking for a creative powerhouse who has a strong background in all things arts and crafts. A knowledge of basic skills such as cutting, painting, creating, assembling is desired.
- Social Media — We are looking for people who are interested in those with the Lars voice who can help us both curate content, drive engagement, and work with our analytics for all our social platforms
- Business — We are looking for those who are interested in product that aligns with the Lars brand from a buyer/curation, e-commerce, and development perspective
- Writing — We are looking for a stellar writer who can contribute to the Lars brand voice for both the blog and shop.
Interns will specialize in their respective category but all are expected to participate in the following:
- Assisting on photo shoots
- Helping with the general maintenance of the studio
- Running errands and complete shipping tasks
- Writing and brainstorming activities
- participating in bi-weekly training meetings
- assistant duties
Internships are unpaid and can be used for university credit, in fact we highly encourage this. The applicant will need to work with your university to get it approved.
You must be able to work a minimum of 10 hours per week, have a laptop and car, and work from our studio in Spanish Fork, Utah (though some duties may be done at home at times). We expect a full commitment to the position once you’ve accepted the position. The internship will last from late August 2019-December 2019. Exact days can be flexible.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org the subject line INTERN and the desired position. Include your resume and portfolio (can be online, photos, basically anything to help us understand your proficiency and skills). We will email you back to invite you in for an interview.