DIY Embroidered Shamrock
If you’re a beginner to embroidery, check out the Lars embroidery guide for help. We’ll coach you through a handful of simple stitches that will elevate your embroidery into beautiful designs.
- Separate out embroidery floss strands so you only have two stands. Keep the remaining strands.
- Thread your needle and then tie off the ends so that the thread is 4 thick.
- Use a simple backstitch to outline the leaves of the shamrock.
- Once outlined, use a satin stitch to fill in the leaves starting from middle of the leave and working outward. Once you have filled one half, return to the middle and fill the remaining half.
- Once your shamrock is embroidered, use a backstitch to embroider the stem.
- Tie off.
We can’t wait to see the way you are wearing green this coming St. Patricks day! Be sure to tag us with #luckylars!