Gift Wrapping with Flowers
You know me. I love gift wrap! Probably more so than the present itself. And even though my birthday is in June, it turns out plenty of people have fall birthdays, which means this paper flower gift topper will definitely come in handy. The best part is, since these flowers are paper, you can save them for plenty of birthdays and occasions for presents to come! I came up with this tissue paper flower gift topper as a fun way to add a dash of whimsy to a gift and it’s super easy. It’s based on paper poms, so if you know how to make those, you’re good to go!
- First, cut a piece of tissue paper 6″ wide and about 18″ long (depends on how large you’d like it)
- Next, cut another piece of tissue paper about 2″ wide and 18″ long. This will be the center of your flower.
- Now do an accordion fold up the tissue paper, about 3/4″ wide.
- After the accordion folds are done, fold the accordion-folded paper in half.
- Now staple the center of the fold.
- Once the paper is stapled, cut a point at each end of the paper.
- Next, glue the two ends of the paper together and fan out the blossom so that it spreads evenly around.
- Using the template, cut out leaves from the green paper and fold down the center. Use whatever size you prefer for your flowers!
- Glue the topper to the gift and glue the paper leaves underneath.
Voila! All done!
Loved this tutorial on our paper flower gift topper and need more ideas? We have plenty of gift toppers to choose from! See our popular bird gift topper here. Also check out these 3D paper flower gift toppers. Another classic is this prize ribbon gift topper. And call me premature, but prep early for the holidays with these classic paper holiday greenery gift toppers.