How early do you start decorating for Halloween? This year, we got going on the Halloween decor pretty early, but I can’t say the same has happened in years past. If that sounds familiar to you, not to fret. Today we have the perfect solution! If you don’t have loads of time to spend on decorations but want something cute all the same, this project is for you. It’s a Halloween garland that’s both simple and spooky. It will surely make you feel more in the Halloween spirit!
- Halloween garland template
- Cricut Maker
- Cardstock paper (black, shades of orange, and pink)
- Scissors (if you don't have a Cricut Maker)
- Sewing Machine (optional)
- String/Twine (if you don't have a sewing machine/thread)
- Embroidery needle (if you don't have a sewing machine/thread)
- Tape (to hang your garland)
Paper Halloween Garland
When it comes to holiday decorations, garlands are one of my favorites. In my opinion, there’s no holiday that couldn’t use a simple garland to spice things up. Especially Halloween! Which is why this Halloween garland is a new favorite of mine. It’s equal parts spooky and cute, which is just what I need from my Halloween decor. Based on our Friendsgiving and Valentine’s Day garlands, this one brings a spooktacular twist to make you feel like Halloween is already in the air. All you need to make this simple project is a Cricut Maker or other die cut machine, some paper, and string/sewing machine thread.
How to Make Your Own Halloween Garland
To make your own Halloween garland, follow these simple instructions:
- First, download the Halloween garland template found here.
- Next, upload the SVG file into the cricut design space.
- Now use your Cricut Maker to cut out each of the shapes provided in the template. We cut roughly 50-80 of each shape. For color palette inspo, see our Halloween garland photos (we used shades of orange, pink, and a little pop of black).
- Once your shapes are cut out, you can sew them together into a long strand with your sewing machine! If you don’t have a sewing machine handy, you can also use an embroidery needle and thread some string through by hand. Make one strand per shape (or more, if desired!)
- When you’re done making each strand, hang them up and admire! Done!
You can hang this garland pretty much anywhere and it will look amazing. My personal favorite is over a tablescape for some show stopping party decor. I also love a good mantle garland. But the options don’t end there! Try hanging it along the banister, draping it over archways or doorways, or around windows.
What are you going to do with your Halloween garland? Drop your ideas below!
What did you think of our Halloween garland? Let us know in the comments! If you loved this garland, chances are you might be interested in some of our other Halloween garlands, like this DIY vampire teeth garland and DIY toilet paper roll candy garland. You might be interested in our paper garlands for other holidays, too, like our Friendsgiving or Valentine’s Day garlands. Also, check out the options in our Halloween shop!