DIY giant marbled Easter egg care package
- giant easter egg (got mine at Michael’s and before Easter it’s 40% off so you can stock up for next year too)
- nail polishes in the shades of your choice
- stick or wire
- colored paper
- Fill a bucket with water, enough to cover the egg with.
- With the nail polish, add drops to the water. Because the egg is so large you’ll need to add enough drops so it pretty much covers the size of the egg.
- With a stick or wire or something, swirl the paint around creating the marble look.
- Submerge your egg in the water. The paint should attach to the egg.
- Redip it to cover the areas not covered.
- Cut out egg-shapes out of the colored paper. Add notes on them if you wish.
- Create your package: I added in candy and other fun Easter stuff.
- To make it really secure through the mail (I’m sending it as is, no box!), I glue gunned the two parts together. The recipient will have to use a little force (and possibly x-acto) to open, but I think it’s better to be safe than sorry in the mail.
Thank you to Andrea for helping me with the project. Be sure to show us your final marbled Easter egg care package with the tag #larsmakes on Instagram.
DIY and photography by Brittany Watson Jepsen