My dear design assistant of two years is moving to Australia so I’m on the look out for a new player to join the Lars team here in Utah, along with two interns for the month of July. As Lars continues to grow in new and exciting ways, I’m in need of someone to join the ride! Find out more about the job below and please share this with anyone who you think might be interested!
Ashley has become my trusty right wing woman here at Lars. She started out as an intern and became my design assistant. She’s been with me from when I worked out of my tiny home studio to moving to our space in Springville. She’s seen it all and I’m very sad to see her move but also thrilled to see her progress and go on some life adventures. With her move to Australia, I’m looking for a replacement. Someone I can bounce ideas off and spar with. Someone who can elevate the Lars brand and take it to new heights! Someone who has the technical skills to make things happen! The dream candidate:
- has a love of crafting and creating and making life beautiful!
- has a command of Adobe Creative Suite and specifically knows how to create templates and printables for crafting (for example, but not limited to something like this) along with graphic design, packaging skills, and product development. Illustrator and Photoshop would be ideal. InDesign a plus.
- has various artistic and crafting skills. The House That Lars Built creates a variety of crafts and art projects for the site. We are constantly experimenting and trying new things so an understanding and experience with various mediums is an asset. Some might include: painting, weaving, paper crafting, sewing, drawing, etc.
- is a self-motivator and self-starter. The candidate will foresee problems and find solutions to them.
- is a hard worker.
- has an interest in social media
- has a great eye for composition and styling.
- is organized.
- has great communication skills.
- has experience in the crafting world.
- bonus: takes great photographs
- bonus: pattern making
Duties include the following:
- Create new content for the site
- Product development
- Source materials and supplies for projects
- Creative brainstorming, ideation, and storyboarding for photo shoots and videos
- Test recipes, DIY projects, and other creative projects
- Prep photoshoots
You must have your own laptop and car. This position is paid and hours are negotiable. To apply, please fill out this application and send it along with a portfolio and resume to [email protected] with the subject line Design Assistant.
I am looking for 1 or 2 interns for the month of July and August to assist with crafting and photoshoots and a special big project. Please email [email protected] with subject line Intern along with a resume and portfolio. Must have laptop and car.