Russian Nesting Doll Costume
Russian nesting doll Costume recipe:
- Silk head scarves
- Burgundy peasant dress (we made ours)
- Mulberry Solly Wrap
- Painted aprons (See below)
- Stuffed Russian Nesting Doll (see below)
- Black Clogs
Paint by Number Key for apron:
- 1: Red
- 2: Yellow
- 3: Olive Green
- 4: Sky Blue
- 5: White
- 6: Dark Blue
Painted Apron and Stuffed Doll Materials:
- Canvas half apron
- ½ yard canvas fabric for Russian nesting doll patch and plushy
- Acrylic paints
- Paint brush
- Badding to stuff the plushy
Russian Nesting Doll Instructions:
- Cut 2 Russian nesting doll plushies using the pattern provided.
- Sew the Russian Nesting doll plushy with a 1/4-inch seam allowance, leaving a 3-inch hole at the bottom.
- Stuff with batting and sew up.
- Paint the apron, baby apron, and plushy using the “paint by numbers” template provided, referencing the key above. Size as necessary.
- Get all dressed up and head out the door!