Toasted Coconut Almond Mini Donuts
- 2 bowls
- mini cupcake pan
- cooking spray
1/3 cup coconut cream
3 Tbs coconut oil (we used Luan’s)
1 unbleached all-purpose flour
1 Tbs baking powder
1/4 tsp sea salt
¼ cup unsweetened coconut
1/4 cup applesauce
2 Tbs honey
½ cup coconut cream
½ cup unsweetened coconut
½ cup chopped almonds
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In one bowl, mix your wet ingredients : coconut cream and oil, applesauce, honey, and egg until smooth consistency.
- In another bowl whisk dry ingredients together : flour, baking powder, unsweetened coconut, and sea salt.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients until nice batter consistency. Make sure to not over stir. Over stirring leads to tough/dense donuts.
- Spray donut pan and add batter into a piping bag (or sandwich bap with a hole cut out the corner big enough to allow blueberries to pass through) and evenly place batter in pan.
- Bake for 7 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven onto a cooling wrack. Cool for 15-20 minutes.
- While donuts are cooling turn oven to a low broil. Place unsweetened coconut and chopped almonds on a cookie sheet and broil for 10 minutes stirring every few minutes until coconut is lightly toasted brown.
- Let cool. And place on a plate or small bowl.
- While your toasted coconut mixture is cooling. Generously “Frost” top of donuts with coconut cream. Once donuts are frosted, dip donuts in the delicious toasted coconut almond mixture!
Devour and enjoy!
Click to learn how to make Blueberry Lemon Mini Donuts and more donuts!