Blueberry Lemon Mini Donuts
- 2 bowls
- mini cupcake pan
- piping bag/plastic bag,
- cooking spray
1/3 cup coconut cream (don’t worry- you won’t taste coconut)
3 Tbs coconut oil (we used Luan’s)
1 ¼ cup unbleached all-purpose flour
1 Tbs baking powder
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup applesauce
2 Tbs honey
juice from half a small lemon
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In one bowl, mix your wet ingredients : coconut cream and oil, applesauce, honey, lemon juice, and egg until smooth consistency.
- In another bowl whisk dry ingredients together : flour, baking powder, sea salt.
- Half or quarter blueberries and set aside.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients until nice batter consistency. Fold in blueberries. Make sure to not over stir. Over stirring leads to tough/dense donuts.
- Spray donut pan and add batter into a piping bag (or sandwich bap with a hole cut out the corner big enough to allow blueberries to pass through) and evenly place batter in pan. We placed a few blueberries on the bottom of each donut mold so we were sure to see some blueberry in each donut.
- Bake for 7 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven onto a cooling wrack.
- Let cool.
Devour and enjoy!
Click to learn how to make Strawberry Mini Donuts and more donuts!