Strawberry Mini Donuts
- 2 bowls
- mini cupcake pan
- cooking spray
1/3 cup coconut cream (you can’t the taste coconut)
3 Tbs. coconut oil (we used Luan’s)
1 c. unbleached all-purpose flour
1 Tbs. baking powder
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1/4 cup applesauce
2 Tbs honey
½ cup strawberries
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In one bowl, mix your wet ingredients : coconut cream and oil, applesauce, honey, and egg until smooth consistency.
- In another bowl whisk dry ingredients together : flour, baking powder, sea salt.
- Dice strawberries into little squares and set aside.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients until nice batter consistency. Fold in strawberries. Make sure to not over stir. Over stirring leads to tough/dense donuts.
- Spray donut pan and add batter into a piping bag (or sandwich bap with a hole cut out the corner big enough to allow diced strawberry to pass through) and evenly place batter in pan. We placed a few strawberry pieces on the bottom of each donut mold so we were sure to see some strawberry in each donut.
- Bake for 7 minutes or until lightly browned.
- While donuts are cooking. Grab 2 extra strawberries, but the tops off and mash them in a bowl with a fork to create a strawberry “glaze” (We will use this to dip the cooled strawberry in ) Set aside.
- Remove from oven onto a cooling wrack.
- Let cool. Grab each donut and dip the top of the donut into that delicious strawberry mash to add color and fresh strawberry to each donut.
Devour and enjoy!
Click to learn how to make Vanilla Bean Mini Donuts!