Hey! Did you survive this week? I’m hoping my peonies survived the snow Utah got…I’m a very concerned botanical parent.
Right now I’m trying to decide where Paul and I go for a quick little getaway. Because of our schedules, we tend to spend a lot of time at home and our “adventures” generally involve some type of food experience. Though I’m all about the caloric intake we need some adventures! I know I recruited your help for some dating ideas last week, but what about experiences? That includes you locals…what do we do? What’s not to miss in Utah for the spring? Where do we go that’s not forever to drive to or too expensive to fly to? Here’s what I think our options are, but please add on if you have ideas!
- Las Vegas. I used to not be a fan of it growing up (bad experience. I’ll have to tell you about it one day…maybe…it’s pretty bad). BUT, I hear there’s fun things to do now? And good food? And maybe a show? And stay in a rad hotel? Thing is, hotels used to be cheap but after a brief search, they looked not so cheap anymore…thoughts? And what shows would you recommend? And other things to do? Restaurants to try?
- A national park. We did quite a few of them growing up with my family, but Paul loves hiking and wants to see them all and you know, since I’m such an outdoorsy person….gah! I’m not! But I like beautiful things. It’s a conundrum. What should we see? Go? Do? Stay? Eat?
- Go local like SLC or Park City. I think there’s value in staying in a place you don’t thoroughly know super well but see often enough to not seem super exciting. I think we could have a good experience staying in a nearby city for a day or two, but would we for sure? Or do we invest elsewhere?
- What’s to the East? Colorado? What do we do?
- What’s to the West? Nevada????
Ok, I do know geography, I just don’t know WHAT to do with that geography knowledge. Enlighten me!
Fun links for your weekend!
I’ve become a bit of a pot addict (not that kind!) and these are so cute! I want them all. Cupcake pots?! I mean…
I love this sweet 5 minute tutorial. So rad.