Although COVID has negatively impacted many of our hobbies, it gives us an excuse to stay home and take up old (or new!) hobbies! Plus September is National Sewing Month so there is another excuse for you to start a new project! One of my favorite parts is picking out the fabric, especially because there are so many different patterns and styles to choose from! And thanks to the 2020 trends of embroidered everything and quilted jackets, I have been itching to sew something!
The best part about these fabrics for sale online is that you can order it from the comfort of your home and get it shipped right to your door! This sounds like the perfect fall activity for all you seamstresses out there (and aspiring seamstresses!)
Fabric for sale online
Fabric brands we love
- Mood Fabrics: If you’re a more experienced seamstress, or if you’re a fan of Project Runway, you know about Mood! And about their adorable shop dog, Swatch! Their selection is huge and they offer tons of different textiles, weaves, and patterns.
- Fabric.com: Again, tons of variety here and some really great floral fabrics online! This one is a favorite of ours!
- Duckadilly: We love Liberty London fabrics, but they’re often hard to find. They have the most lovely floral patterns and color schemes, not to mention the quality of the fabric is divine! Duckadilly has an amazing selection. Duckadilly also features a section of quilting cotton, if you’re looking for the perfect fabric to make your own quilt coat.
- Rifle Paper Co.: You can recognize Rifle Paper Co. products a mile away and they rarely disappoint! We love their fabrics, and they offer many different fabric types as well. Check out this Rifle Paper Co. fabric with illustrated strawberries!
- Miss Matatabi: This Etsy store has a beautifully curated selection of fabrics, including some stunning Japanese fabrics and fun picks from Cotton + Steel. The colors and patterns are so fun.
- Jones & Vandermeer: The shop is full of fun quirky abstract prints. They also have a great selection of yarn, buttons, trims, etc.
- Hawthorne Supply Co.: This shop has great variety and it’s really easy to navigate and find what you’re looking for. They also have some adorable and unique sewing patterns and quilt kits for sale online!
- Spoonflower: At this shop, you can turn a pattern into any type of fabric imaginable! You can use your own design you’ve created or use one of the thousands on the website! It’s such an amazing concept and they really take the time to make sure your fabric comes out the best quality. Loving these paper-cutout fabrics! We used Spoonflower fabric to make this lemon tote bag!
- PurlSoho: A long favorite of ours. This is where I purchased fabric to make ties for my wedding bow ties. Such a great, curated collection.
- B&J Fabrics: The selection of amazing fabrics here is endless, and they stock tons of Liberty London fabrics!
- Super Buzzy: Plenty of great basics, and I love their stripes options!
- Svenskt Tenn: This Stockholm based fabric shop is what my dream are made of. Their selection is unique and made for the bold designers! I am so happy their fabric is for sale online.
Projects to use your fabric on for National Sewing Month
Click any of the projects below to download the pattern or find the tutorial! Or check out all our available patterns here. Or if sewing isn’t quite your thing, we have plenty of new hobby ideas in this guide.
Thank you for sharing these adresses. I didn’t know Miss Matatabi shop, such lovely fabrics 🙂
we love them!
B&J Fabrics in NYC has a pretty good selection, too, especially if Liberty Lawn. The website isn’t the best, but the fabrics is great.
good to know. thanks!
Superbuzzy.com is another great shop for cute Japanese fabrics.
will take a look. thanks!
Svenskt Tenn, Stockholm
Michael Levine, Los Angeles
Blackbird fabric in Canada is amazing quality for solids in linen and denim. Their prints are sometimes designer deadstock which is also great! Nerida Hansen Prints is amazing. They are Australian but they collaborate with textile designers and have such unique prints!
Oh also Stonemountain fabrics is incredible! Exceptional customer service too!
And Minerva fabrics in the UK which has really well priced shipping worldwide. Probably showing how much fabric i buy by this point and should stop commenting.
Yes! I’m loving these fabrics! Many of these are available at Modern Domestic in Portland, OR. They have everything online too!